Health & Safety Menu
Environmental Health & Safety Auditing
Ensuring safety and compliance
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 requires all employers to manage health and safety. An effective audit system is therefore essential to verify and evaluate your organisation’s current environmental health and safety compliance status. It is an excellent tool to assist you in ensuring your legal obligations are being met.
Environmental health and safety auditing will provide you with the most up to date evaluation of compliance to environmental health and safety requirements within your organisation, identifying appropriate remedial actions where necessary.
Evaluation and certification
Our qualified and experienced environmental health and safety consultants can provide the necessary expertise to your organisation to complete an independent comprehensive audit, whilst also assisting you in implementing additional controls identified. Environmental health and safety compliance are measured against:
- Legal requirements
- International standards
- Requirements of existing or planned health and safety management systems (e.g. OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001)
- Codes of Practice
- Regulatory and industry guidelines
- Industry best practice (where applicable)
For organisations certified (or considering certification) to a health and safety or environmental management system (e.g. ISO 45001 or ISO 14001), auditing is an essential component. Such certified systems require auditor impartiality and by engaging with Acacia this requirement can be assured.
Auditing can also assist where management system integration is being considered so areas for improved efficiency, streamlining and reduction in duplication can be delivered.
On completion of an audit we can continue to support and assist you in meeting your environmental health and safety management requirements.
- Our experienced and impartial environmental health and safety auditors allows for a comprehensive and impartial audit
- Auditing assists clients in meeting their legal obligations as an employer
- Auditors will give recommendations to clients and Acacia can support clients in meeting their environmental health and safety requirements