ISO 41001 Facilities Standard
The long awaited ISO Facilities Management System Standard ISO 41001 was published in March 2018. The standard creates a “common language” of facilities management for service providers and clients alike. It enables FM service providers to achieve certification which can be used as a benchmark expectation for clients procuring FM services. In addition, it provides a framework by which existing FM services can be assessed.
We now have an internationally recognised Management System Standard that is an important step towards recognition of Facilities Management as a professional discipline. Organisations now have a standard that they can implement globally and by so doing will achieve significant improvement in the development of strategic FM services across their portfolio.
Acacia is committed to the continued development of professionalising our industry. David O’Brien, Acacia’s Managing Director, was the Ireland (NSAI) representative on the Technical Committee (TC 267) that developed the standard. This was a critical element in the development of the standard, which sets competence levels for Standards Organisations worldwide to audit compliance with ISO 41001. David has worked with colleagues from across the global FM community from over the last 3 years, developing the standard and guidance document.
This is just one in a series of ISO FM standards that will have far reaching significance for the FM industry:
- ISO 41001 – Facilities Management Systems – Requirements with guidance for use
- ISO 41011 – Facilities Management – Vocabulary
- ISO 41012 – Facilities Management – Guidance – Strategic sourcing and the development of agreements
For further information on ISO 41001 contact us here.
Acacia consultants can also provide support in achieving and retaining other ISO standards including:
- ISO 50001 – Energy Management Systems
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management Standards
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Standards
- ISO 27001 – Information Security Management Systems
- ISO 45001 – Health & Safety Management Standards (combining OHSAS 18001 & ILO-OSH Guidelines)
Contact us here for further information on these accreditations and one of our team will be happy to help.
You can find further information on ISO accreditations at www.iso.org.
Benefits of ISO accreditation for clients
- Acacia’s direct involvement in the development of the ISO standard will mean that clients will have expert advice how it positively affects their business
- ISO accreditation also means that all clients will receive a more consistent and efficient level of facilities management for their premises
- The new ISO 41001 standard in facilities management will allow us to drive value across areas including energy, information security and environmental standards.