Building Information Modeling (BIM)
A collaborative process
Acacia is at the forefront of advising clients on how to maximise the operational benefits of implementing Level 2 BIM. We are one of the few FM Consultants with the experience and expertise to advise clients on the operational requirements of BIM Level 2 enabled projects.
In New Build Projects, the key to the successful transfer from the Design and Construction Phase to the ongoing Operational Sustaining Phase is the implementation of both the Soft Landings Framework and BS 8536-1:2015. Both the Soft Landings Framework and BS 8536:1 call for operator input at all stages of the process.
This ensures that digital data from the BIM model is relevant and detailed enough to ensure a smooth transfer from the project cycle to the sustaining cycle.
We work with our clients to develop the Asset Information Requirement (AIR). The key objectives of the AIR are:
- To ensure that all relevant documentation described in the specification is provided in a timely manner at project handover, to allow the client to safely occupy and operate the facilities from the date of occupation.
- To provide the required drawings, documents, and data in the defined electronic format. This enables the information to be loaded into the CAFM database, electronic document management system and / or other appropriate software.
- To deliver a Building Information Model (where specified) to a defined level of information and detail.
- BIM software allows us to have an overview of a facility and anticipate issues before they become a problem
- BIM works to our client’s advantage by anticipating costs and reducing safety risks
- Our expertise in building information modelling is unique in the Irish facilities management market