The 26th Annual Health & Safety Awards took place in October 2017 at a prestigous ceremony in Galway. Acacia were once again recognised with a High Achiever Award for excellence in occupational health & safety. The High Achiever Awards recognises consistent achievement of a high standard of safety in the competition for more than 5 years. As such it demonstrates continuous commitment to health & safety. As this is our 6th year to achieve a Distinction, we are very proud to accept the consistently high achiever award for the 2nd year running.
The National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO) awards are regarded as the most recognised and valued awards of their type. They celebrate the efforts of H&S professionals and the employers who lead the way in raising the bar for safety in the workplace across Ireland. In addition to Acacia’s award, a number of our clients – Dun & Bradstreet, Fingal County Council and Xerox were also recognised for their achievements.
These awards, run in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Safety Group (NISG), recognise how organisations manage health & safety.
NISO outline the benefits of entering as:
- A good way to audit your Health & Safety Management Systems
- Enables you to benchmark your companies performance against other organisation within your industry or within Ireland
- Raises the profile of H&S within your organisation or within Ireland
- Public recognition of your organisations commitment to H&S. The results have been published in the publication in the Sunday Business Post and The Health & Safety Review. Publication on the NISO website
Interested in entering? If so, details on how to enter can be found at safetyawards.ie.
Contact us here to find out how we can help you achieve H&S excellence in your company and/or enter the awards.
In addition, Acacia’s EH&S Department are accredited to international standards in:
- Health & Safety (OHSAS 18001:2007),
- Environmental Management (ISO 14001: 2004)
- Quality Management (ISO 9001:2008)
As such, we can support you in achieving or retaining these accreditations for your organisation.