David O’Brien has been appointed Chairman of the newly formed Facilities Management Subcommittee of the Irish Property and Facilities Management Association. The aims of the subcommittee are to
1. Influence relevant areas of public policy;
2. Contributing to relevant training programmes;
3. Encouraging and enable the exchange of ideas and information;
4. Establishing strategic alliances; and
5. Liaising with appropriate Government agencies on legislation and policy.
When asked about his appointment David said “as an association we are at the cutting edge of Property and Facilities Management; it is a privilege to be asked by my peers to Chair such an important subcommittee. I am looking forward to working with my committee colleagues to assist in the further development of our profession.”